Friday, March 14, 2008

No Whining!

My intolerance of Hillary Clinton and her surrogates is reaching new heights. I think the Anna Quindlen's piece in Newsweek was the final straw. People don't call Hillary calculating because she's a woman in a man's world. They call her calculating because she doesn't answer questions head-on. She dances around them; you can see her gears turning. She seems robotic and impersonal, and she has no charisma. To me, that's not sexism. That's fact, to borrow from Geraldine.

And speaking of, is Obama where he is today because he's black (or, more accurately, biracial). Maybe but frankly I don't care. I'm sure we've all had benefits and detriments attributed to us because we are who we (or our parents or husbands) are--gay, straight, white, black, rich, poor, or anything in between. When someone doesn't like me, I never assume it's because I'm a woman or a lesbian. Give me a break. There are people you connect with and those you don't in all walks of life. Get over it.

On Blue Hampshire, we have a rule: attack the message, not the messenger. I don't like the condescending tone HRC's camp has taken. Obama appears gifted at some things that the country is particularly looking for right now, and I am tired of Hillary & her supporters crying sexism & favoritism. Quit whining. It's so unbecoming of a public servant.

So, yesterday, my primary pal Jessica was back in town doing what she does: following McCain around. This time he was on a thank you tour in NH, at the town hall in Exeter. Several folks I know were there, most were not there in support of McBush. Jess & I had hot cocoa and caught up on who's now working for whom, what John Edwards should do next, the Shaheen campaign, and all things political. I don't think I've had a conversation like that in a month. Gosh I miss the NH Primary!