Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Told Ya...

I love how this always seems to work out for me.  I post a random rambling, something that has been stewing around in my head but I have absolutely no facts to support it, other than my gut, to make the case.

Then voila, the interwebs provide me with plenty of support to prove I'm not just making things up.  Two cases in point:

  1. Further evidence that New Hampshire Republicans are not to be confused with Bible Belt Repubs.   Turns out that NH is the least god-fearing state in the union.  Drop dead last.  Add this to my growing list of things for which NH is either #1 or #50.  And furthering the argument that we just cannot be mediocre; we always have to be best or worst, FIRST or dead last!  (For the record, you will also see at this link that NH is #1 in alcohol sales, which may or may not be related to our godlessness.  Personally, I think it has more to do with our state run liquor outlet stores on the borders with MA and ME.)
  2. Then, folks in Iowa make the same point I made a few days ago, about feeling entitled to some face time with potential candidates. Being first may be a privelige, but it's also a huge responsibility. Granite Staters and Iowans do not take this task lightly.  Sarah Palin, beware!
Just sayin'.