Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Palin: The Gift That Keeps Giving

This is so TOTALLY New Hampshire...

I'm no fan of the Manchester Union Leader, but today I actually got a good laugh out of it.  Seems that the editors don't take kindly to Governor Palin poking her head into our business, telling Granite Staters who to vote for, when she's only been here once.  And on page one, above the fold no less! Butt out, basically.

So, 2012 contenders on both sides of the aisle should take note.  That's just how it works here.  Don't get all chummy and act like you know New Hampshirites.  You don't, especially if you are a candidate who hasn't spent much time here.  We are very full of ourselves, but I would like to think that most voters wouldn't like to be told by out-of-state pols what to do.  Ayotte's entire campaign seems to have been managed by outsiders from the start, and I'm guessing that the message was intended to tell her that the opponents aren't the only ones who think this is not cool.

Confession:  I am finally getting around to reading Game Change.  I started it today while at the beach (not this beach).  I'm loving it so far, and reliving some fond memories.  It reminded me how much I love NH Primary Politics, and how much I am looking forward to 2012.  But it's also serving to remind me how crucial NH & Iowa really are, whether you like it or not.

(Note on the link: I'd rather not link to the MUL if I don't have to, and HuffPo was my first source, so they get the link.)