Friday, May 11, 2007

More sites, more traffic

No sooner do I post about HRC's cool & enviable NH-only website, then I get an email about another. Not to be outdone, John Edwards' team launched his own NH-specific site. http://johnedwards.com/nh/. I like the listing of local staffers the most, and am hoping there might be some space for user-generated content so locals can upload their photos of NH events, or network with each other, etc.

There are a ton of candidates around the state this weekend, some at commencements and some at other private events. None are on campus so I won't be chasing them down (I have to work & see my kids sometime!). UNH is all atwitter over our own commencement speakers, the George & Bill show. So the usual pregraduation spruce-up is raised to a higher level due to secret service presence, bomb sniffing dogs, traffic plans, etc. Several small events that traditionally take place on graduation morning (the OMSA Breakfast, for example) were cancelled. Tickets in the form of braclets are being rationed out. The staff of the UNH Interim President's Office is all frazzled, though they are so politely frazzled compared to our last president and her staff, who weren't so pleasant. We'll see how our incoming Prez Huddleston will measure up!
Other UNH news has me personally atwitter, but I'll save that for another day.