Thursday, May 17, 2007

UNH Scores, Finally!

Disclaimer: I have been assured by several people that the following information is both true and public knowledge, and that I am free to blog about it:

Well, UNH has finally redeemed itself from its past sin of saying no thank you to housing NHIOP back in the day, when it was offered. It's official: Professor Dante Scala of Saint Anselm College is leaving that institution to join the faculty at UNH-Durham, effective this fall. His name is on the list of course offerings for fall, on their website. And he himself emailed me last week to share the news, as did Cosmo. The POLT Dept, as it's known here, has confirmed, and those faculty/staff members with whom I've spoken are just thrilled.

So, to GraniteProf, welcome to UNH. I look forward to hearing Laura Knoy introduce you next time you are on The Exchange, which I hope is soon. And I will be in touch for my TWC recruiting in your class!

And now my own shameless plug: To the students of Saint Anselm's who are disappointed and can't let go: there's a little known exchange program between several NH institutions, called NHCUC Exchange, where you can come to UNH for a semester or just one class (on a space available basis). I just so happen to be the coordinator for the program here & have been trying to get our students to take classes at St. A's/NHIOP for a while (unsuccessfully). Your contact is: MaryAnn Ericson in the Registrar's Office. I won't know what space is available for fall for a few more weeks.

On a downer note: the DNC announced its officially sanctioned debates for the fall, and UNH is NOT on the list. Hanover (Dartmouth, I assume) got it and to add insult to injury, NBC is the sponsor! I'll be watching for RNC's announcement soon. I wonder if UNH was offered again but felt compelled to pass given how stressed out & financially strapped UNH/Media Relations are over commencement. And now, it's probably going to rain. Luckily, we can all watch the spectacle LIVE on NHPTV from our warm, dry homes instead.