Sunday, August 31, 2008

An Act of Desperation

Thanks to my fellow polical junkie pal Bob for sending this great op-ed piece from the NY Times. He has so much more time than I do to search for and find the good stuff.

As much as the GOP may be celebrating for killing the Obama post-convention bounce, I'm afraid they've killed their own credibility instead. I have to agree with Rep. Splaine on this one: The presidency is not an American Idol talent search. No matter how bitter Hillary supporters may still be (and I'm not buying the MSM meme that there are uber-bitter HRC loyalists lurking around every corner), they are not so bitter that they will put Palin, who is pro-oil, pro-fur, pro-life, and pro-creationism, so close to the presidency. I have more degrees than she does! And she's never even been overseas.

No, Clintonistas wanted Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Whitehouse. What they loved most about her was that she is SMARTER and MORE QUALIFIED than any other candidate, male or female. Why would they every vote to put an affirmative action pick closer to the Whitehouse? This is an insult to them.

Thanks, McCain. I'm starting to like that "Maverick" decision-making style. Oh how I look forward to a Biden v. Palin debate.