Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm Coming Out

I guess it's official: I am now, officially, an ACTIVIST. It happened last Thursday night in Portsmouth NH. At the Brewery, in the basement, where I was inducted into the group by a pleasant if not quirky little group of people assembled to get the Edwards campaign up and running in New Hampshire.

This is a small state, so of course while I didn't know anyone, I knew them. One was the very friendly and warm Laurie, who knows Stacey and the Little Harbour community well. She was a big leader in the Edwards 2004 campaign, and it's clear why. And the other was the owner of Stone Environmental, the firm we hired to help us with the stupid scraps of leather we found buried on our property (that's in my home improvement blog http://360.yahoo.com/pauladinardo). They all did a great job of making me feel welcome, easing in into the group, and exciting me about this campaign.

My original intent of this blog was to report on all candidates that I see or hear, especially those that come to UNH. But now I guess I'll have to own up to my own bias. I want John Edward! NEVER have I committed this early; like all my friends in the Granite State. We wait, and allow the candidates to charm us or piss us off. I think I made up my mind in 2004, about 2 seconds after I walked out of the voting booth. I voted for Howard Dean, but I found myself hoping the John Edwards wins. This time, I'll be doing more than hoping! And being involved might be a good way to get into a few more events or debates. ;-)

PS: If you aren't a fan of JRE, please pick up Elizabeth Edwards' book Saving Graces. Between the tears, she will win your heart AND your mind.