Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Two Letters

Yesterday was my own personal holiday: John Edwards Day.


First: In the morning, I received an email inviting me to join the John Edwards campaign team. They are just starting to set up a state office and won't get to a seacoast branch office for a while, but I'll being hearing from them once they are organized. I hope this means he'll be back in the state more often. He's conducting a very national campaign and he needs to keep up the small towns stuff here at the same time.

Second: Remember the book I gave to Elizabeth Edwards at the Concord House Party? (Todd Parr's The Family Book) Well, the thank you note arrived in the mail. I wasn't surprised because EE struck me as someone who would always send a personal thank you for a gift, and insist her children do the same. It was a hand made card, I presume by Emma Claire, saying "Thank you for the book. I love it vary much." I'll take a picture & attach it. Unfortunately, she didn't sign it. But I will still display it proudly with all my other Electoral Souveniers, right next to my 2000 Christmas card from Al & Tipper Gore, my 2001 ticket to see Bill Clinton in Dover, my 2002 Bush Visit Volunteer pass, my pass for the 2003 DNC Debate "Rapid Response Room," and my recent tickets to see Kucinich, Obama, and Dodd.

Back to my day job now... ;-)