Friday, March 2, 2007

Recap & Recoup

After a very busy month of chancing candidates around NH, there seems to be a lull especially on the seacoast. Phew, I need a break! Plus, I'm going to a conference in Idaho March 5-10, and I would be very sad if I missed someone while I was away.

So, to review, thus far I've seen in person (in order of appearance): Dodd, Kucinich, Obama, Clinton, and Edwards. All Dems. I'm eager to see Richardson. I do want to see Romney & Guiliani and hope they don't continue to avoid this area (Romney has so obviously been visiting only the very red, rich, republican towns). In my playbook, John Edwards is in the lead but it's so early that it's almost unfair to say that outloud. We all know from Primaries Past that anything can happen! I reserve the right to change my mind until the very last second, when I put magic marker to paper (yes, real PAPER ballots; I've never voted on a machine!!) when I vote in the New Hampshire Primary!

Time for a break, but I will keep scanning all my sources for more visits and will keep you posted! I'm bringing Dante Scala's book Stormy Weather with me to keep from having Primary Withdrawal. ;-) After just a few pages I was hooked! I love that this whole craziness started as a result of Yankee Thrifiness: schedule the primary on the same day as Town Meeting and save the money & hassle of two town civic events. I love it!

When the book arrived from Amazon, Griffin looked at the cover and said "why are that horsie (the Dem's donkey) and that elephant (GOP) fighting over the country?" Oh, out of the mouths of babes!