Friday, April 20, 2007

Ramblings From My Head to Yours...

Just some random rambling on things...

I love EJ Dionne of The Washington Post, and 99% of the time I agree with him 100%.

Yesterday, I had the bad fortune to have a meeting at Granite State College, which meant I had the good fortune to listen to NPR uninterrupted to and from Concord. Therefore, I got to hear Attorney General Alberto Gonzalas's hearings live. The guy is a bumbling idiot! I couldn't believe what lack of poise he had, how unprepared he seemed, and how flawed his arguments were. I want to know where he went to law school, so I don't recommend that school to any of my students. He was an embarrassment.

The news on the John Edwards site is that Joe Trippi has joined the Edwards Team. He had a strong following here among Deaniacs here last cycle, so it will be interesting to see if his joining the team will bring some local Dean Fanatics on board like the ones we met at the JRE at UNH event. They seemed like a very fun, very committed group of hard workers, and many of them worked on Carol Shea Porter's campaign too. I'd love to work with them.

And, the most surprising news of all: Civil Unions in New Hampshire!!?! Gov. Lynch says he'll sign it if/when it gets to his desk, which is likely to happen next week. What's up with that! Yee Ha! Go NH! I was interviewed by a local newspaper reporter on this issue and all I could say was "pinch me!" I think I like living in Blue Hampshire!

Happy Earth Day.