Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super AND Fat Tuesday

I'm gun shy. That's why I can't say outloud that I have moved my support to Obama just yet, though I am clearly leaning that way. Not completely but leaning.

I'd decided to just wait and see how Super Tuesday goes. Or later if I have to. I, for the first time in my life, have fear of commitment!

I'm on the rebound. I just got dumped and I can't even think of dating again, politically speaking.

Not that it matters; I've already voted. But I'm watching my pals from the Edwards campaign leave Edwards' Facebook groups in droves. LGBT Friends & Allies for John Edwards, John Edwards is Good, UNH for Edwards, NH for Edwards, CT for Edwards, and even John Edwards Touched Me and I Almost Passed Out. Former paid staffers aren't publicly committing yet. I'm sure most of them are job searching (and soul searching), so they are keeping their social networking profiles neat and clean. But many on-line activists/volunteers that I've come to know and respect live in Super Tuesday states, so they had to make a switch and quick. So far, they are overwhelmingly to Obama. It's just weird to see them switch so quickly.

But all these contacts would be "elites"on the Scala Scale--white collar, post high school graduates, maybe not volvo moms but not welfare moms either. I don't really know or associate with many working class dems anymore besides my parents. Pathetic.

So, today I'm trying to focus more on Mardi Gras than rooting for a candidate. And I will play it safe (and boring, IMHO). I'll join One Million Strong for Whomever Gets the Nomination on Facebook, when someone creates that group.