Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Day After

Let the post-mortem begin!  A few weeks ago, Colleen had the brilliant idea to watch the documentary The War Room, about the 1992 Bill Clinton victory.  All throughout, we wondered aloud what was really being said and one behind the scenes in the current campaigns, and were eager to get past the election to learn the real story.  

Voila: Newsweek comes through again.  And we can't wait.  If these early snippets are any testement, this should be juicy.  This is the stuff I love!!  I am so very eager to read more about how rogue Palin really went, who bought what to wear when, and of course, and all that truly useless political gossip.  

Other Monday morning quarter-backing: HuffPo has a final word on the brilliance of Obama's 
branding, which you know I love.  I'm wondering if, in the effort to begin appearing Presidential, we will see all these logos disappear...like Houdini 
magic.  ;-)

And, in a final, full-circle kind of way, my old pal from the days of the NH Primary, Susie, sent me a link to this photo.  It's from an Edwards Town Hall event in Dover in the summer of 2007.  We got there early, and I was letting the twins run around as the advance staff set up shop, until they became absolutely out of control and had to be reigned in.  This campaign has lasted almost 2/3rds of my kids' lives!  

Now what?  Well, it shouldn't be long until local small town Republican community groups start holding their own meetings in the living rooms of Concord, testing the waters for 2012.  

For once, I'm in no hurry for that.