Monday, November 3, 2008

One More Day!

Is anybody still out there, reading this?  

One day to go, folks, ONE DAY!  It's been two long years here in New Hampshire, and now it is down to the final hours.  

With the time change, everyone in my house was up early today (Monday). First, I awoke to good news from my brother, who reported via email that he helped my mom fill in her absentee ballot over the weekend.  Despite her memory loss, she hasn't forgotten that she is a Democrat and voted accordingly, without coaching.  Over the years I could never get her to tell me who she voted for directly, but she had her way of making it clear that she has been a Democrat all her life, and having grown up in the Depression, she worships FDR.  And, she despises W.  So, she did her part to keep Massachusetts Blue.

Next task was to work on more party plans.  The USA Blue Jell-O mould is now solidified.  The Obama Cupcakes needed to be frosted, so I did stage one (white background) at 7am.  Blue circle and red stripes tonight.   The kids now like the Obama symbol so much they play I-Spy when we drive around, and can & have drawn it all over the place (appropiate places so far).  I let them stick some campaign stickers in the attic/crawl space.  Annie said "I like the one with Obama AND McCain on it."  Huh? Turns out she got her older white men mixed up: it was an Obama/Biden sticker.  Griffin took two of these & stuck them together, creating "Barack O'Dollars."  

So, I'm taking tomorrow off to help out at the Durham/UNH GOTV Office's Mission Control.  NH doesn't have "early voting," so I'm trying to decide when to vote.  I must bring the kids, so either first thing or after 3pm.  I've never experienced lines in Dover before, but I'm a bit concerned I may this time.  Lines with two 5-year olds...not a good combo.  But I like to build up some anticipation (like two years isn't enough??) and vote later in the day.  So, we'll see.  I may drive by at 8am and see how crowded it looks. 

So, enjoy the last day of campaigning.  I will complete my frosting mission tonight, and I hope to do a few blog entries during the day tomorrow.  Everyone I know who has been reading along here will probably be equally engaged and unable to check in here.  That's OK by me.  I'd rather you all work on GOTV (or GOTfV) than pay attention to little old me!

NOW, it's on to the election finally, to see if Obama lives up to my early prediction of a landslide.