Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good Morning, America!

Well, what a difference a day makes!

Greetings from Blue Hampshire!  Is there anything I can say, without getting choked up?  Quite a night last night!

My party was small but spirited.  We never managed to get cable worked out, so we stuck with the NH ABC affiliate mostly, so we could check in on all the state & local races, and supplemented with three laptops.  New Hampshire is now very solidly blue, and we are very psyched for Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter and Senator-Elect Jeanne Shaheen!

In my household, much of the talk of the night was fashion-related.  The shiny blue suit seemed to be all the rage for women:  Carol Shea-Porter, Jennifer Horn (R, who lost NH CD2), and Sarah Palin!  Is shiny the new wool??  

Now, onto the Obama women.  What the HELL was Michelle thinking??  She's so striking and attractive, but that dress was hideous.  It did not flatter her one bit.  Lucky for her, my eyes were on Sasha & Malia.  I LOVE that they always coordinate colors with each other & their mom.  Sasha's dress was adorable.  She's such a spit-fire.  I can't wait to see pictures of her and her new White House puppy.

And, someone please send me a link with a close up picture of their matching necklaces!!  Are they new?  They look to be in the shape of an O.  Is it the Obama Symbol??  When did they get them??

So this morning, I can't look at any pictures of any non-Caucasian person or child without crying.  I loved the shots of Huffington Post of the celebration in Kenya, or the kids from Obama's former schools in Indonesia and Hawaii.

This is truly a global victory.  

Anyone up for a roadtrip to the Inauguration??