Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Commencement Speakers at UNH!

Well, TWO someones big this way come, but not this weekend! Another university-wide e-memo this morning:

"University of New Hampshire Interim President J. Bonnie Newman announced today that George H. W. Bush, 41st president of the United States, and William J. Clinton, 42nd president of the United States, will be the keynote speakers at UNH’s 137th commencement on Saturday, May 19, 2007."

Exactly how they are going to tag-team a commencement speech is fun to imagine. I can't see Clinton handing over a mic; he's just too gifted a speaker AND he loves it so much. I last saw him at Dover High during his "farewell" thank you tour (Jan. 11, 2001), and he was mezmerizing. I can't wait to see this! And, twice the staffers and secret service too!

I sure hope it doesn't rain (UNH graduation is usually outside, rain or shine)!


PS: Hillary's NH visit this weekend will include Keene, Concord, and Manchester. :( No Seacoast this time. Biden's visit will include a stop at the Dover Library, too, so if I miss him on campus I still have a shot. Edwards will be at Darmouth this weekend, but I won't be traveling.
Source: Carbon Coalition blog.