Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dabate Day, Part 1

Debate Dilemma #1: What to wear. This is my first debate that is not in the bitter cold NH winter. My usual rule is to try to wear as much black as possible, since wearing anything else makes us locals stick out as country bumpkins. Washingtonians seem to own nothing but 8 shades of black. But it's supposed to be 75 degrees today! And I haven't worn closed toe shoes in 3 months. Ugh, what's a woman to do! (I know; get some cute shoes like Mrs. Edwards'!!)

Unless your life revolves around sports or our Rec Center, main campus seems oblivious to the influx of media & candidates. Students just moved in this past weekends, and their minds are (for the most part) where they usually are: reconnecting with friends, buying books, perfecting their schedules. I noticed that the Ron Paul folks have "chalked" the sidewalks in and around the MUB. As I was walking to my office this morning, I told my colleague Becky about my Ron Paul/RuPaul issue, and she started in with an imitation of RuPaul that had me chuckling. RuPaul as a Presidential candidate; worthy of an SNL skit.

For the most info on the upcoming events, I humbly refer to Campaigns & Elections. There isn't even anything on the main UNH website!

I'm heading over to do a shift at press check-in. Since I don't know any TV personalities, my biggest goal is to meet Brian Lawson and maybe an NPR reporter or two. I also wouldn't mind catching a glimpse of a candidate or spouse.

So, since Brian posted what he'll be wearing, I'll do the same: Olive green shirt, black pants, black clogs, and probably my UNH nametag if I can find it.