Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Debate Day, Post #2

I just returned from a quick shift at credential check-in, so I need to keep this short (lunch hour blogging!)...

A few observations
  • There really are giant mobile air conditioning units running, outside the buildings. The AC guy had me take his photo standing next to one. Then he performed a magic trick for me.
  • No one cool checks in at 10am. Just press techies, UNH student press, and the fun-loving threesome from Danish Broadcasting System.
  • The filing center still uses good, old fashioned land-line telephones, with spiral cords!
  • The wireless signal has been boosted; courtesy of Fox TV.
  • I met the mad Ron Paul chalker; he stopped by to ask what locations people would be at so he could take his bucket of sidewalk chalk to new heights.
  • Any UNH student who is going to work out at the rec center will be able to see into the filing center. No tank tops allowed.
  • Everyone really is wearing black, no matter how hot it is outside.
  • And, now I know why UNH isn't getting more debates: new this cycle...the sponsors have to pay 100% of the costs, up front!

Back to my day job...