Friday, February 23, 2007

Three Essential Questions

Stacey & I discussed Saturday's John Edwards House Party last night. She's eager to attend, and has agreed that if the kids are too much, she'd disappear with them so I can stay. But we came up with three questions that we need input on:
  1. what do we wear?
  2. what do we ask?
  3. what do we bring?
1: We're going for "snappy casual," or exactly what we wear to work. Not too butch, not too femme (like we are ever either). Comfortable enough to be able to sit on the floor or wrangle the kids but nice enough for the cameras. No mascara in case I cry, which is very likely.

2: My job today is to research John Edwards a bit more and bone up on some things. Stacey feels unprepared, so I told her to stick with what she knows, which is teaching & parenting. Annie's Pre-K class may spend some time today coming up with questions to ask too. Cute!

3: (I like my answer to this the best...) We're not sure if we should bring a hostess gift or not, but we do plan to have a huge supply of snacks, books, and other bribes to keep the kids happy. Of course we'll bring a camera!! But he's my bright idea. Stacey was wrapping a baby shower gift this morning. It was our standard gift: Todd Parr's The Family Book. You know, "some families are big, some are small, some have two moms, some have one." I do think the Edwards kids need this book, and Annie & Griffin need to be the ones to give it to them. ;-)

So, just to make sure I am covered...give me YOUR answers to the three essential questions.