Monday, October 27, 2008

Deja Vu, All Over Again

Since I love the Obama graphic ID so much, I am using a different variation of the logo every day, for my Facebook Profile picture.  So, for those of you I haven't had the pleasure of friending, a different logo here too.  This one is for Students for Obama.

During my morning news/blog check routine, a noticed a theme coming from Team McCain that seemed oddly familiar: Beware of One Party Rule!  It was all over the news, and I kept thinking, "where have I heard this before?"  Ah, then it hit me as my morning surfing hit Boston.com: 2006, in the race for Governor of Massachusetts, which was won handily by Deval Patrick.  In the dying days of that campaign, when what's-her-name GOP candidate was tanking, she made a very desperate plea to Mass Voters:  Beware One Party Rule!  She seemed pathetic then, and McCain seems pathetic now.  Patrick took a cool, above the fray attitude, and just ignored her.  It didn't work for her, and it isn't working for McCain.  But nice try.  And another point for lack of creativity for the McCain-Palin ticket.

Also during my morning routine, I got an email from a student, who was cancelling an appointment with me for Tuesday 10/28 because she'd going to be working at an NHDP event, featuring Hillary.  So, further down the email list I found my own "personal" invitation from Team Shaheen:
A Rally for a New Direction with Hillary Clinton & Jeanne Shaheen 
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 Doors open at 12:00 PM McConnell Center Gym 61 Locust St, Dover, NH To RSVP: Click here or contact 603-617-2140
I am expecting a lot of student cancellations over the next nine days.  I should make sure I keep Nov. 6th wide open for all that rescheduling (save Nov. 5th for sleeping).  

OK, so now back to slogging through my emails...

Lunchtime update: I can't believe I forgot this...
Last week, Colleen & I spent one lunch hour watching The War Room, starring James Carville & George Stephanopoulos.  We'd always wanted to see it, as we cut our primary & junkie teeth on Clinton vs. Bush, 1992. The parallels to the current race were beyond amazing, but the hair & clothes stole the show for me.  And George was so darn cute!  I highly recommend a watch before Nov. 4th, if you can squeeze it in.

It's STILL the economy, Stupid!