Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Last Hurrah

It's the final stretch now; a week from today we'll have a new president! Wow...This election cycle has lasted nearly two years for us in New Hampshire, and it's almost over. I usually can't get enough of it, but I think I'm ready. Ready For Change.

DNC Chairman Howard Dean will be on the UNH Campus on

Thursday (tomorrow), 10/30/2008.

No word yet on Sen. John Kerry, stay tuned.

So, a few days ago a friend from New Mexico sent me a belated birthday gift. It's an electoral puzzle, with red and blue pieces for each state. You can put your own electoral map together. The night it arrived, I had a dream--too vivid for my own comfort--that it was election night. We were assembling the puzzle at my Election Night Party, as the TV news was calling states. New Hampshire was red! I couldn't believe it, and started having a serious in-dream panic attack that McCain could actually be president. I woke up at that moment, in a bit of a crazed state, but greatly relieved it was just a dream.

Then last night my son found the puzzle and wanted to assemble it. He put it together with some help, all blue, saying "There, that should make Barack Obama happy!" Yes, that would make a lot of people happy.
Oh, and those tattoos: a huge hit. My kids started passing them out at their after-school program. I had to quickly interject that everyone must ask their parents' permission before affixing!