Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Good Morning, New Hampshire!!

It's finally here, NH Primary Day 2008.

I'm already greiving! And polls just opened (it's about 8am).

No time for that! Up at 4:30am to get to the office at 5am. Let it officially be known that I found something I hate more than phone banking: canvassing. Too dark, too creepy, too invasive. But, boy is the Edwards team organized about it. Good think I had Laura with me for company.

One house on my list belonged to my friend, Jenn. She's got triplet boys, and I knew enough to tip toe to the door & do my drop unheard. I was scared that a neighborhood dog would get a sniff of me and I'd inadvertantly wake the kiddos. My fear of dogs and waking up babies put an end to that quickly. Phew.

We did what we could between 5:30am and 7am, which wasn't much, then I had to go back home to get the kids, and wake the visitors. Next, I'm taking the twins voting then off to school. Annie wants to wear her "I'm a health care voter" shirt today. And she said, as much as she likes saying and reading Obama, she'll still vote for Edwards.

I'll be checking in a few times today when I need a break.

GOTV!!