Monday, January 7, 2008

Twas The Night Before...

Quick update before bed: It's Primary Eve!!

10:30pm: I just got finished working at the Dover Elks Edwards Rally. It was packed, and great. Tons of undecided there who left pretty well decided. Edwards was on fire. He looked great. No one told him he's third in the polls; that man is driven. Only once could you tell he was tired. He repeated one story and sort of got into a loop. But he kept on firing away. Luckily, he also had Elizabeth, Cate, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and some actor from Desperate Housewives that I've never seen before.

The talk beforehand, however, was all about Hillary getting teary today in Portsmouth. Was it genuine?? Is it good or bad? Remember Muskey?? Will it hep humanize her, or will the spinners call her a weak female. I guess we'll know soon enough. Her campaign just does not know how to be anything but 30points ahead. I think some humble pie will do them all good. I'm pretty tired of the arrogance, and being asked, "when will you come over to our side?"

I also had the good fortune to be introduced to Wallace & Bobbi Edwards tonight as well. Susie Whitlock was so kind in making sure I was introduced to them personally. What sweet people!!

As soon as I got home & got my PJs on, the office called & asked if I could take an overnight crasher or two, volunteers from out of state. I thought they'd send us a college kid who could crash on our couch. Instead, I got two older women, 50-something maybe. One is from NYC and/or Poland, the other from Maine. One promptly wiped out on own temporary ramp (still renovating the porch!). Ooops. Welcome to NH! They are settling in now, getting to know each other, and I'm trying to prepare them for our morning routine with twin five-year olds. This should be interesting.

I'm taking tomorrow off & giving myself over to Team Edwards. I was planning to do the 5am literature drop, so I guess we'll see about that.