Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What's Left Behind

Here's my little list of what I have to remember this NH Primary cycle, 2007-2008:

Bulletin Board: In my office, where I keep my button collection, I've added the "I'm In To Win" Hillary button, a huge Obama '08 one, and an assortment of Edwards', including one with a rainbow background, and one targeted at NH Educators.

Also above my desk I have the Bill Richardson 2008 All Star baseball card (on of my favorite pieces ever!), the Edwards Family Christmas Card, The GraniteRoots canvassing brochure (the two attached tree saplings are now growing in pots on my porch), and souvenir tickets to see Obama, Kucinich, and Dodd. There's also one postcard from the MTV/MySpace Presidential Dialogue with John Edwards. One press pass from the UNH GOP Fox Debates. AND, one original thank you note from Jack or Emma Claire Edwards.

On the bookshelf in my office, awaiting framing, is my large John Edwards sign, autographed.

On my bookshelf at home are two books: Stormy Weather by Dante Scala, not yet autographed, and Saving Graces, beautifully signed by the author, Elizabeth Edwards.

In my dresser: Two purple "I'm a Health Care Voter" t-shirts, one white John Edwards t-shirt, and one blue Carpenter's For Edwards long sleeved t-shirt.

In my cellar (we call them cellars here, not basements): Two Edwards lawn signs; the kids would not allow me to throw them away.

In the walls of my now remodeled kitchen: A variety of 2008 bumper stickers, including Hillary, Obama, Edwards, and a bunch of the purple Health Care Voter stickers.

In the Playroom: Four Priorities pie chart stickers, just tempting someone to stick them somewhere. And one Pie Chart flexible flying disk (I love collapsing it and popping it open).

On the back of my minivan: One traditional Edwards bumper sticker, one custom-made original "JRE=OMG" oval from Mike Alfoni, and one Priorities Pie Chart magnet.

And, lastly, my all-time favorite prize: On my wrist is my collectible Priorities Pie Chart Watch.

Of course, there are dozens of photos posted here and on Facebook that I will always treasure. Hell, it was Susie Whitlock who first demonstrated Facebook to me when she was on campus doing Advance work! But the best thing I can say I am walking away with is a greater understanding of and appreciation for the New Hampshire primary, and NH politics in general. A back-stage seat is better than the Front Row.

Thanks to everyone who has followed along with me, or physically tagged along (or were dragged along as the case may be). I had a blast. And to all the people I've met along the way, in person or virtually, thank you. Please, keep in touch!



Just three more years...