Saturday, January 5, 2008

Invasion

Quick post in between Saturday errands and a trip to the library:

Holy Cow, Dover has been invaded! There are canvassers all over our little city. It started with a lost pair witih NY plates at the end of my little dead end street. I pointed them in the right direction, then told my son in the back seat that when I organized canvassing packets at the Edwards office last week, we included maps that I double checked and gave my locals-approval. So, we know it wasn't an Edwards team.

"How do you know they are canvassing, mommy, and what is canvassing anyway?" Well, Dover is a great city for walking, with awesome granite-curbed sidewalk (that are covered in huge piles of snow right now), but it's usual to see so many pairs of people, with be-stickered clipboards, walking around, without a dog or stroller. And, to be honest, it's not everyday that Dover has so many people of color strolling around.

Stay warm, canvassers. I hope you get to enjoy a little bit of NH while you are here.

We're off to the library now...maybe more later!